Thank you again to everyone who took part in the last #SuperSoup. Your recipes were fantastic and I am hoping for more of the same this time! My recipe for this month is roast butternut squash and sweet potato soup. I will be honest and say that these are not my favourite vegetables but Daniel, my youngest seems to love everything at the moment so as I am trying to fill him up with as much good stuff as possible and as I unexpectedly received these vegetables in a hamper I had been gifted, soup seemed to be the easiest and best way forward.
Roast Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
A tasty and filling soup perfect for a cold day
Author: Jo Brigdale
Recipe type: Starter
- 1 butternut squash, seeds removed, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- ⅔ sweet potatoes, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Put the butternut squash, sweet potato and vegetable oil on a roasting tray and cook for about 40 minutes until tender.
- Put the cooked butternut squash and sweet potato into a blender with stock and blend until the desired consistency is reached. You may need to do this more than once depending on the size of the blender.
- Season to taste and serve
#SuperSoup Linky Rules
- Add the badge below to your soup post (new or old) with a link to this post and then join the linky following the instructions below.
- Try and comment on at least three other entries if you can (share the blogging love folks!)
- Please tweet your entry using the #SuperSoup hashtag and @Jos_Kitchen and I will retweet all that I can
- You can add your post into any other linky as long as the other linky allows it
- I will pin, stumble and share all the entries on Twitter (and on Facebook too if I get the chance!)
- I will do a round up post of all the entries in a big blog post before announcing the April edition of #SuperSoup. Please let me know if you do not want me using your recipe image in the blog post
- If you are not a blogger and still want to take part, please share your recipe image on social media using #SuperSoup and then add the URL of the share to the linky