Summer is finally here (well sort of!) and I am pleased to announce a special ‘Summer’ themed edition of #SuperSoup! Thank you to everyone who took part in April/May. You can see the full round up here. I hope to see you taking part again this time round too. For my entry into #SuperSoup, I have decided to turn two of my favourite seasonal fruits, rhubarb and strawberries into a chilled sweet soup that would make the perfect healthy snack or dessert after a BBQ or a summer dinner party. It is really easy to make and only requires a blender or a food processor once the rhubarb has been roasted. I made mine in the small bowl of my Magimix CS 4200 XL food processor that I was sent to review last year.
- 3 stalks of rhubarb, washed and chopped into ½cm rounds
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 100g strawberries, washed and chopped into1/2cm chunks
- 50ml fat free natural yoghurt
- 2 small batons of roasted rhubarb and mint leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Place the rhubarb in a roasting dish with the caster sugar sprinkled over the top and place in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until softened. Allow to cool.
- Once the rhubarb has cooled, place in a food processor or a blender with the strawberries and blend until a purée is formed.
- Add in the natural yoghurt and blend again briefly to combine.
- Serve in a bowl with roasted rhubarb and mint garnish. Eat immediately!
#SuperSoup Linky Rules
The theme for this linky is ‘Summer’
Add the badge above to your soup post (new or old) that fits the theme and then join the linky following the instructions below.
- Try and comment on at least three other entries if you can (share the blogging love folks!)
- Please tweet your entry using the #SuperSoup hashtag and @Jos_Kitchen and I will retweet all that I can
- You can add your post into any other linky as long as the other linky allows it
- I will pin, stumble, Yum and share all the entries on Twitter (and on Facebook too if I get the chance!)
- I will do a round up post of all the entries in a big blog post before announcing the August/September edition of #SuperSoup. Please let me know if you do not want me using your recipe image in the blog post
- If you are not a blogger and still want to take part, please share your recipe image on social media using #SuperSoup and then add the URL of the share to the linky