Valentine’s Day is on Tuesday and if you are looking for a last minute simple thing to make your loved one then I have you covered! My easy Valentine’s cupcakes are simple enough to make with children but are impressive enough to win your loved one’s heart!
I know that everyone is short of time these days so these Valentine’s cupcakes are made with an all in one mix in a stand mixer, but a big bowl with an electric hand mixer would be fine too. The chocolate buttercream is shop-brought (it’s a secret – I won’t tell anyone if you don’t!) and the chocolate hearts can be picked up easily in a supermarket too.
What are you waiting for? Give them a go – you know you will get lots of brownie points if you do!
- For the cupcakes
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g softened unsalted butter
- 100g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 free range eggs
- For the decoration
- 2 tubs of ready made chocolate buttercream
- 1 packet of mini chocolate hearts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a cupcake tray with cases
- In a stand mixer, add in all the cupcake ingredients and mix on a low speed until everything is combined
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 cupcake cases and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin briefly then remove to a plate to cool completely
- Carefully put the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with your chosen nozzle then pipe the buttercream onto cooled cupcakes. Decorate with the chocolate hearts.
- Allow to set then serve to your loved one on Valentine's Day
For more Valentine’s recipes please see:
Beetroot Soup with Coconut Hearts by Thinly Spread
Valentine Shortbread Sweethearts by The Veg Space
The Best Pink Champagne Cake by Made With Pink
Chocolate Orange Love Heart Biscuits by Fab Food 4 All
Valentine Cranberry Orange Scones by Farmersgirl Kitchen
Rice Krispie Heart Treats by United Cakedom
Ice Cream Cookiewiches by Foodie Quine
Candy Floss Champagne Cocktails by Happiness is Homemade
Raspberry Chocolate Hearts by Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen
Raspberry & Vanilla Marshmallows by Fuss Free Flavours
Lime, Mango & Pineapple Loaf Cake by Recipes From A Pantry
Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream by BakingQueen74
Pin Me For Later!