Yesterday, I went and visited the BBC Good Food Show Summer at the NEC, near Birmingham. The show is on until Sunday so its not too late for you to get down there over the weekend and go check it out. My top picks for the show are:
- Brompton Cookery School (stand F942) who I visited a couple of years ago have got some great deals on their all day courses which are exclusive for people attending the show. They are also giving a taste of what a course at the cookery is like, by offering cupcake decorating classes on the Discover & Learn Stage With Lexus.
- Debbie & Andrews (stand F685) are showing off their new limited edition sausages which are curried chicken and mango and sweet chilli. The curried chicken one sounds strange but trust me, it is yummy!
- Farrington Oils (stand F175) whose rapeseed oil I have been using for the last couple of years are showcasing their oil, salad dressing and mayonnaise at the show. If you like garlic, you must try their garlic mayonnaise!
- Fudge Kitchen (stand F179) sell their delicious fudge by the slice. My favourites are the salted caramel and the Belgian chocolate swirl or though, there sea salted chocolate fudge did come a close third!
- Gower Cottage Brownies (stand F984) have been my friends for years and I always visit the stand for my brownie fix. This year they gone ever better and have invented the brownie butter! One taste and you will be hooked for life. I guarantee!
- I.O. Shen Mastergrade Knives (stand F682) are the only knives that I will use. Go and see Natalie and Joe and let them give you a great deal on a set of knives that will be an investment for your cooking.
- Larkin’s Larder (stand F182) sell the most fabulous jams and marmalades. I recommend trying their Kir Royale jam made with British Cassis and Prosecco.
- Mrs Crimbles (stand F90) sell a wide variety of gluten free goodies. They pride themselves on making gluten free that do not taste gluten free and want everyone to try them so go check them out!
- Popcorn Shed (stand F914) sell the most delicious flavoured popcorn. I loved the salted caramel flavour and the chocolate flavour too.
- Sauce Shop (stand F910) sell a wide variety of sauces from hot chilli sauces to a sweet salted caramel sauce. My favourites are the caramelised onion ketchup and the mushroom ketchup
- Urban Herbs (stand F505) are another company I have been friends with for a few years. They are Birmingham based and sell a wide range of herbs ready for you to plant at home. This year, they have expanded are now selling cultivated samphire so you can get the taste of the seaside whether you live by the sea or not.
- Yutaka (stand F810) are selling a wide range of products to make Japanese cooking easier. You can also book yourself on a sushi master class during the show for a small fee and learn how to make sushi at home (its easier than you think!) with Chef Danny. I did the master class and loved it but I forgot to take a photo of my home-made sushi before Stuart ate it!
After walking round the show for a while, I was very glad for a sit down in the Supertheatre and the chance to watch the Two Greedy Italians in action. Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo were on fine form and Gennaro can always be an opera singer if the cooking thing does not work out for him! After their appearance on stage, I had a very brief chance to meet them, thanks to the lovely Rosemary from Freycob and some insider knowledge! They are true gentlemen and I am privileged to have met them.
After a bit more shopping (ok, a lot more!), I went home feeling very tired and happy. I hope that if you are going tomorrow or Sunday that you have as much fun as I did! If you have already been, then I would love to hear what were your favourite stalls or part of the show. Please comment below or let me know via Twitter or Facebook.
Thank you for reading and watching my video. Please subscribe on YouTube if you haven’t already as I have lots more videos in the pipeline too.
I attended the BBC Good Food Show Summer on a complimentary press pass. All opinions are my own. I was gifted some products from producers or given a discount however all opinions are my own as always. I also brought some products from the producers myself