Thomas and I cook together quite often, however until now I have never been brave enough to film them before. Recently, Thomas and I watched a video made by my friend Sarah of Taming Twins and her twins cooking together and Thomas asked if we could do the same. We have started simple and done some rice krispie cakes but we have made them extra special by adding even more chocolate! They are our Triple Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes. The full recipe is below so why not do some cooking with your children during the holidays and give this recipe a go. It is really easy! It is a great way to spend time on rainy days! Please ignore the quantities I mention in the video. I think I lost the plot a bit LOL!
- 400g milk chocolate, melted
- 150g rice krispies
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 24 giant chocolate button for decoration
- Melt the milk chocolate anyway you prefer. I use a microwave on medium for 2 minutes and give it a good stir after.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the rice krispies and stir well, ensuring that they are even coated
- Spoon the mixture into lined cupcake trays and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes to an hour
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate.
- Once the rice krispie cakes have chilled, remove from the fridge.
- Put a teaspoon full of melted milk chocolate on top of each rice krispie cake and then top with a chocolate button.
- Put in the fridge again to chill for 15 minutes then eat and enjoy!
Thomas’ apron was kindly sent for review by Arty Apple. He loves it and I must order one for Daniel soon too!
What do you cook with you children? What do you think Thomas and I should cook and film next?