The weather is getting colder now and Bonfire Night is this weekend! My recipe today is my chorizo & cannellini bean stew which is really simple and easy to make. It can be made in less than 30 minutes and is ideal to serve as a winter warmer on Bonfire Night or as a simple but delicious lunchtime dish. The stew is comforting but light and has a bit of a Mediterranean feel to it.
I made the stew in my Judge Radiant Chef Pan which I absolutely love. It is the size of a small wok and is perfect for cooking smaller stir-fry dishes and stews/soups which do not need much simmering for them to be ready. I have had the chef pan for a few months now and I think it is amazing. The colour is beautiful and would add a spark of colour to most kitchens. The pan is also non-stick so you do need much oil at all. You can put it in the dishwasher or you can wash it easily by hand too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ chorizo ring, chopped into 1cm rounds
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic puree or 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 50-75ml of water
- 1 drained can of cannellini beans
- 1 big bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, fry the chorizo in the oil until the paprika starts coming out and turning the oil red.
- Add in the onion and fry until softened.
- Next, add the garlic and the paprika and allow to fry for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, water and beans and allow to simmer for a few minutes until your desired consistency is reached.
- Season to taste and finish with the fresh parsley. Serve immediately with bread and a glass of red wine.
What do you enjoy eating on Bonfire Night?
Pin Me For Later!
I was sent a Judge Cookware Radiant Pan to review. All opinions are my own. I was not required to give a positive review