I love camping! The fresh air, the sunshine (hopefully!) and the ability to do all your cooking outdoors make it one of my most favourite things. I love trying to cook more adventurous things when I am outdoors such as Fish in a Bag! and lots of wonderful dishes when Jo’s Kitchen became Jo’s Field Kitchen!
At the moment I am really enjoying Asian flavours and one of my most loved and healthiest dishes is chicken noodle soup. It is very easy to prepare all in one saucepan, whether you are after an easy after work supper or want to cook something easy but different from the norm when camping.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Leftover chicken or 400g boneless and skinless chicken thighs, chopped into chunks
- 4-6 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 de-seeded chilli, chopped finely
- 2 balls of dried egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
- Put the oil in a saucepan and heat up. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger and chilli and fry until softened.
- If using uncooked chicken, add it in now and fry until it is white all over and starting to go golden brown.
- Add in the stock and allow the chicken to cook for a few minutes, then add in the noodles and cook according to the package instructions.
- Finally, add in the cooked chicken (if using) and finish with fresh coriander. Serve and enjoy!
Please let me know if you try this recipe. I really hope it will become one of your family favourites like it has for us.
This post is in association with Thomson Alfresco
Disclosure: I received payment in kind of products from Lakeland in exchange for doing this post.