Following on from my recent Product of The Year 2015 Winners Goody Bag giveaway, I am now pleased to share a Beef Goulash recipe made using Knorr Flavour Pots, the winner of the sauces and seasoning category this year. I really happy that Knorr won this category as I have been using their stocks and gravies for a while now and they are excellent quality, and taste almost homemade! I was not disappointed with the Flavour Pots either. Similar to dried spice/herb mixes, you can use as much as you like and if you do not use the whole pot, it will keep in your fridge for a day or so. In this recipe, I used the garlic, mixed chillies and paprika flavour pots and you can adjust the seasoning depending on your personal taste.
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, core removed, finely chopped
- 250g stewing/braising steak, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons Knorr Paprika Flavour Pot (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Knorr Garlic Flavour Pot (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Knorr Mixed Chillies Flavour Pot (or to taste)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml beef stock (made from a Knorr Beef Stock Cube)
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large ovenproof saucepan or casserole dish, add in all the ingredients listed above, stir and then cook in an 180 degrees C oven for around 3 hours, or until the beef is tender stirring every 30 minutes or so.
- Near the end of cooking, taste the Goulash and adjust seasoning if required. Leave cooking until desired consistency is reached or use a mix of 1 teaspoon cornflour and a splash of water to thicken up if necessary.
- Serve with potatoes or rice for a tasty warming meal
For other recipes using Knorr Flavour Pots, please see
and for another Beef Goulash recipe, please see Coffee & Vanilla
I was sent a hamper and a supermarket voucher for cooking a dish with Knorr Flavour Pots. All opinions are my own.