Everyone knows that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach so, this year, don’t buy Dad yet another pair of cuff-links that will rarely see the light of day. Treat your father to a gift that he’ll truly enjoy.
Whether he’s an aspiring gourmand, sees himself as head chef in the kitchen, or simply loves delicious food and drink, you won’t go far wrong with a gourmet gift. We have gathered together ten of the best from Midlands based ‘GourmetXperiences’
- Cocktail masterclass. Teach dad to create cocktails, shaken and strirred. The Verzon Hotel, near Ledbury, offers a cocktail masterclass with an expert mixologist, using spirits from the Chase Distillery. For this entire month, book or attend a masterclass for a minimum of two people and learn tips on perfect Chase Gin cocktail accompanied by a Herefordshire sharing platter. Each couple also receives a complimentary Chase Gin Taster Pack to take home as a thank you, before the end of June. More on Chase Cocktail Masterclasses Here
- Michelin-starred cooking eXperiences For dads who fancy themselves as budding chefs, give them a Michelin-starred eXperience hosted by top chef Brad Carter at his eponymous Birmingham restaurant. This is a restaurant that focuses on a warm welcome and a ‘wow’ factor. Discover the secrets behind an award-winning dessert and sample the five-dish tasting menu courtesy of this Michelin-starred chef, who has appeared on television’s Saturday Kitchen. £65 per person. More on an experience with Brad here.
Or try seasonal English fare at Nut Tree Inn, Oxfordshire served up by chef patron Mike North. Cook with Mike North here
- Thai cookery eXperience. Love Thai food but have no idea how to recreate the authentic experience at home.? Multi-award-winning Thai chef Suree Coates is renowned for her flavours and presentation. The former Thai Curry of the Year can teach you Dad to cook traditional Thai with an interactive demonstration (including lunch and wine), at her Shropshire restaurant, near Bridgnorth. More on Thai Cooking Here
- Gourmet tasting menu eXperience. More into eating than cooking? Why not try Edmunds Bistro de Luxe Tasting Menu eXperience at the classic French bistro, in the heart of Birmingham’s fashionable Brindley Place. Offering six courses celebrating the flavours of France. Edmunds Bistro eXperience and gift voucher details here
- BBC MasterChef Winner eXperience. In recent years, cook schools have popped across the country offering culinary lessons to beginners and experts alike. One of the best is by BBC MasterChef Professional winner Mark Stinchcome and his wife Sue. They’ll offer tips and insights gleaned from the BBC show at Eckington Manor Cookery School, in Worcestershire. MasterChef Masterclass details Here
- Stay in a country retreat in foodie heaven. Ludlow, in Shropshire, is gourmet heaven. Why not make a top class meal even better by adding a relaxing night’s sleep to the evening? Old Downton Lodge, near Ludlow, offers a top class menu with rustic refurbished converted stables and barns, so there are no worries about how Dad’s getting home.Ludlow Retreat details here
- Cooking inspiration with quality cook book. Start Dad’s creative juices flowing with inspiration for a Signature Chef recipe book featuring recipes from top chefs from Heart of England & Wales or South West and Channel Islands. With recipes from some of the greatest British chefs including all Birmingham Michelin-starred chefs, alongidie 10 others in the region, celebrity chefs and rising stars, this quality cook book with mouth-watering photography makes a thoughtful addition to any gourmand’s recipe book shelf. Heart of England & Wales Recipe book here.
- Beer or wine evening. Many breweries, vineyards and wine shops offer a tour and tasting experience. Tanners, in Shropshire, holds regular events that Dad will love. This month, you can sample an Ale, Cider and Cheese masterclass with Clare Downes of Monkhouse Food and Drink, who also happens to be part of the Appleby family behind Appleby’s Cheshsire cheese. The evening, at Tanners, in Shrewsbury, on 24 June, will pair cheese with sweet cider, stout and Tanners 175th anniversary ale. £18 per person. www.tanners-wines.co.uk
- Craft beer. Indulge the man in your life with quality craft beer. The Wild Beer Company has a selection of merchandise for the dad who loves a pint. From a Craft Master Glass for £4 to Bag O Swag including a hat and bottle opener £15, hoodie £32, or simply opt for a mixed case of his favourite beers. www.wildbeerco.com
- Save 20% Off at Chase Distillery. Who does nt love a tipple? What bette than a delivery from the regions’ very own Single estate Distillery. Chase, located in Herefordshire offers World beating Gin, Vodka and liquors that will lift anyone’s spirits – especially dad. Being made from Herefordshire potatoes, and apples, rather than grains, means they are all Gluten Free too! Visit the Chase Shop, and quote “WorldGinDay” to save 20% off at check out Here (before the end of June)
For your chance to win a copy of Signature Chefs as pictured above, all you need to do is enter via the Rafflecopter widget below
Pin Me For Later!
James, the founder of Gourmet Xperiences is a long time friend of Jo’s Kitchen. I was given a copy of the cookbook to give away to my lovely readers