Hands up, who has a jar or 1/2 jar left of mincemeat in your cupboard? I did and I am sure many of you do too. This year I was determined to put my leftover mincemeat to good use. With a baby due any day now (hopefully ASAP!!) I have been looking for easy to make filling snacks that I can eat while chasing round after a toddler and a newborn baby. This fits the bill nicely and I think it proves that mincemeat is not just for Christmas but can be used all year round to make delicious treats!
Mincemeat Flapjacks (makes 12-16 small squares)
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 300-350g mincemeat
- 350g jumbo oats
- 100g glaice cherries, chopped
- In a saucepan, put the butter, golden syrup and mincemeat and heat gently until melted. Turn off the heat.
- Stir the oats and glaice cherries in until well combined. Then pour into a foil Traybake tin (from Lakeland) or a well lined small roasting dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into squares. Eat and enjoy!