Tag Archives: Happy ChristmasImage
A festive message from Brian Turner
From Jo, Stuart and Thomas x
Happy Christmas everyone. Sorry for the delay in between posts. Things have been a bit crazy round here with the snow, awful roads and Christmas preparation. I am cooking Christmas dinner for six tomorrow and am off to start preparing as soon as I have written this post. For those of you who may be interested, I am cooking:
- A Turkey from Goodman’s Farm in Worcestershire
- Roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips
- Steamed Brussels spouts and cabbage
- Cauliflower Cheese
- Yorkshire Puddings
- Sage and onion stuffing
- My nan is bringing sausagemeat stuffing
- Proper giblet gravy
I know it is probably a bit late to give you a Christmas recipe now but here is my new recipe find of this Christmas: Mincemeat Flapjacks. They are really easy and quick to make and I am sure you have all the ingredients in the store cupboard.
Mincemeat ‘Christmas’ Flapjacks
- 100g unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 410g jar of mincemeat or your own, if you have made some
- 500g porridge oats
- 200g Glacé Cherries, chopped (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, golden syrup and mincemeat until thick and runny.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the porridge oats and coat every bit with golden syrup, butter and mincemeat mixture. Add in the glacé cherries if using and stir again.
- Pour the mixture into a lined big lasagne dish and cook in a 180 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. It will still be soft when you take it out of the oven.
- Allow to cool, cut into squares (it will be very crumbly) and serve. Enjoy!
Many thanks to Hayley at Sainsbury’s for sending me the most amazing mincemeat to make this recipe with. It is much appreciated. Happy Christmas!
Well this is it from me until after the big day tomorrow. Happy Christmas to everyone! I hope you have a fantastic day, whatever you are doing. Eat, drink and be merry!
Lots of love