Sorry for the delay in announcing the next edition of #SuperSoup! We were really busy over the Easter holidays and by the end, we had no energy left and I had not much time for blogging. I did manage to cook this simple potato & leek soup recipe though which is one of my all time favourite soups and perfect for using up half a bag of spuds you have left in the pantry.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 leeks, outer layers removed, finely chopped
- 500g white potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, fry the leeks in the oil until softened.
- Once softened, add in the potatoes and the vegetable stock and simmer gently until the potatoes are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée until smooth, adding extra stock if desired and serve with crusty bread or croutons
#SuperSoup Linky Rules
Add the badge above to your soup post (new or old) and then join the linky following the instructions below.
- Try and comment on at least three other entries if you can (share the blogging love folks!)
- Please tweet your entry using the #SuperSoup hashtag and @Jos_Kitchen and I will retweet all that I can
- You can add your post into any other linky as long as the other linky allows it
- I will pin, stumble, Yum and share all the entries on Twitter (and on Facebook too if I get the chance!)
- I will do a round up post of all the entries in a big blog post before announcing the June edition of #SuperSoup. Please let me know if you do not want me using your recipe image in the blog post
- If you are not a blogger and still want to take part, please share your recipe image on social media using #SuperSoup and then add the URL of the share to the linky
Please clink the link below to add your entry and see the other entries: