The Christmas and New Year party season will be here before we know it! There are only 65 days until the big day itself. Now, I do not know about you but I start planning for Christmas well in advance. I will have my Christmas menu sorted at least 6 weeks before the big day and this year, as I am not pregnant (unlike last year!), I have started thinking about the Christmas drinks too.
thebar.com is a website dedicated to the art of cocktail making. If you like a particular spirit, then you are bound to find at least a few new cocktails that you have never tried before on the website. If you are a member, you can submit your own cocktail recipes to website too. Whatever the occasion, thebar.com will have the drink(s) to match.
In terms of cocktails, I love the summer and my favourites are the Mojito and a Pimms and lemonade. I decided to combine the two and see what happened when my two favourite drinks met in one glass. To give it a bit of twist, I used mint sugar (recipe below) and lime juice to combine both drinks together and make it even more refreshing. I hope you will try this one over the festive season or at any other occasion. It really is that good, however if you plan on drinking more than a couple of them, then you may want someone else to look after the kids for the night so you can have a lie in in the morning!
Ingredients (makes 1, although you can easily double/triple quantities to make more!)
For the mint sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 8-10 mint leaves
For the cocktail
- 2 teaspoons of mint sugar
- the squeezed juice of 1/2 a lime
- 25ml of white rum
- 50ml of Pimms
- 150ml lemonade
- Selection of fruit to serve (I used oranges, limes and strawberries)
- Crushed ice, to serve
- To make the mint sugar – in a food processor, add in the sugar and the mint and whizz together until combined. Set aside until you are ready to make your cocktail.
- Put 2 teaspoons of the mint sugar into a large glass or jam jar if you would like the same effect as the above picture, then add in the juice of 1/2 a lime and stir together.
- Next, add in the white rum, Pimms and lemonade and stir again to combine.
- Finish with crushed ice, fruit and extra mint leaves (if desired) to garnish.
- Drink and of course, enjoy!
This recipe was commissioned by thebar.com
For other cocktail recipes please see: