I was recently lucky enough to receive a Riverford Organic Vegetable Box. I have been considering getting a vegetable box delivered for a while so the opportunity to try one out was one I was not pass up. The box was delivered on the specified day for my area. I was immediately amazed by the variety of vegetables that was in it. These were:
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli (PSB)
- Vine Tomatoes
Also in the box were storage instructions for the vegetables and a recipe card telling you different ways to cook them. The small organic vegetable box is designed for two-three people and costs £12.85. I appreciated how much PSB there was as it is something I do not get to eat very often and the bunch of asparagus was quite generous too. The only downside of the box in my opinion was the small number of potatoes. We used them all in one meal so I don’t how they are supposed to last a week. With the vegetables in the box I cooked asparagus with poached eggs and butter and a cheesy leek and PSB bake. I also cooked my River Cottage Rocks! #3: Veggie Heaven dish which I tell you about in another post asap.
For a chance of winning your own veg box, please leave a comment on this post telling me your favourite vegetable and how you like to cook it by Monday 14th May 2012 by 5pm BST.
This competition has now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered. The winner will be announced asap
Terms and Conditions
- Only 1 entry per person
- The competition will close at 5pm on Monday 14th May 2012 BST
- The winner will be chosen by Random.org and will be contacted via email as soon as possible after the competition has closed.
- The competition is open to UK residents only
- No automated entries allowed
- The prize will be delivered by Riverford Organic once the winner’s contact details are confirmed.
- Any questions or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org