Summer is here and so is the season where you can get away with eating salads because it is warm and sunny, and not just because you are trying to eat healthier! One of the problems with the summer months is that if you are going work or travelling somewhere with the family, how do you keep your lovely homemade salad cold? Well Snips have the answer with their Fresh Lunchbox and Yoghurt Ice Box!
The Fresh Lunchbox has an ice pack that fits into the lunchbox ensuring that your salad stays fresh until you want to eat it. There is also a cutlery tray and cutlery so you are never without a knife and fork either. I usually make my salad the night before and leave it in the fridge. The next morning, I get my salad and the ice block from the freezer, put it in the lunchbox and go to work. It can be up to six hours before I eat my salad and it always stays cold despite me just leaving it on my desk by the window.
The Yoghurt Ice Box has a place for the ice block in the lid and locks down to form a tight seal so nothing can escape. There is an additional airtight lid that fits underneath the ice box to ensure that any liquids stay in place. I have been using at work for my dessert and have been eating fruit, with yoghurt and chia seeds. It is delicious and the same as the lunchbox stays cold for about six hours in the Ice Box.
I love salad but find that sometimes it does not fill me up enough. Since I started Thinking Slimmer a few months ago now I have been looking for healthy things that will fill me up and prevent me from unnecessarily snacking during the day. This butterbean salad hits the spot as it is filling but is mostly full of salad which is better for you. I dress the salad in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar as I love the sharpness it provides but feel free to put on your favourite salad dressing instead.
You can purchase the lunchbox and the yoghurt pot from Dowricks
- 1 tin of butterbeans, drained and washed
- 4 spring onions, ends removed, washed and finely sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 small piece of cucumber, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomartoes, chopped
- Large handful of rocket, watercress and spinach, washed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Add all the salad ingredients into a bowl, along with the salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside until ready to serve or put in your lunchbox for the next day
- When ready to serve, add in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix again to combine. Eat at once and enjoy
For more salad recipes ideas using beans, please see:
I was sent the Fresh Lunchbox and Yoghurt Ice Box to review. All opinions are my own. I was not required to write a positive review