I was recently contacted by Unilever Kitchen who asked if I would like to make a winter warming recipe using some of their products. I received a large hamper containing a selection of Knorr Stock Cubes, Coleman's mustard and seasoning mixes, and Maile French mustard. For my recipe I thought I would make one of our favourite dishes, spaghetti Bolognaise. It is really simple and satisfying recipe. I hope you like it!
Ingredients (serves 4 or use leftovers for a lasagna like we do: two meals for the price of one!!)
- 500g lean steak mince
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 50ml red wine
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Hot water
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Cube
- 1 Knorr Herb Infusions Cube
- 1 Coleman's Spaghetti Bolognaise spice mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcester Sauce
- A generous squirt of tomato purée
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spaghetti, cooked according to the packet instructions to serve
- In a large non stick oven proof saucepan, fry the steak mince until browned and then add in the onion and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add in the red wine, stir well and leave to bubble away until the alcohol smell has gone away
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, stir well and then fill the tomato tin with hot water from a kettle and add into the mince mixture. Stir again.
- Next, add in the stock cubes, spice mix, tomato purée, Worcester Sauce and salt/pepper to taste.
- Then stir again, put a lid on then leave to simmer on a low-medium heat for a 1 1/2 – 2 hours or place into a preheated 170 degree C oven for 2- 21/2 hours, stirring occasionally. I prefer to use the oven as I do not need to stay In the kitchen keeping an eye on it so much.
- Once cooked, serve with spaghetti, eat and enjoy!!
Disclosure: I received a hamper of Unilever products for the purpose of writing this post. All opinions are my own.