As it is the new year and everyone has lots of resolutions to drink less, eat healthier and get fitter, I decided to do the complete opposite of that and share with you, the best and the laziest brownies in the world recipe. These brownies are so good and so easy to make, I am sure they will counter any back to work/school January blues!!!
I originally discovered this recipe through Twitter/Instagram where a couple of blogging friends were discussing something called 'Slutty Brownies'. Even the name seemed intriguing to me and I knew I had to find out more. I was pointed to the apparent source for the original recipe on The Londoner blog. The recipe only contains three ingredients; chocolate cookie dough mix, chocolate brownie mix and Oreo cookies. Anyone can make them as they are so easy. They are called slutty as they are made with ready mixes/packages but I am sure you could make your own brownie and cookie dough mix if you like. My version of the recipe is below. For other versions, please see my fellow blogging friends:
- 1 packet of chocolate brownie mix
- 1 packet of cookie dough mix
- 1 pack of Oreos
- Eggs or water to make up packet mixes as described on the packet
- A greased foil tray, a normal tray lined with tin foil or a greased silicone tray (The Boy And Me used a loaf tin which I think I will do next time)
- Make up the cookie dough mix and chocolate brownie mix as per the package instructions
- Put the cookie dough as a thick layer at the bottom of the tin
- Top with as many Oreo biscuits as your tin allows
- Pour the chocolate brownie mix over the top and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 20-30 minutes
- Eat and enjoy!!
I really urge everyone to give this recipe a go. It is so easy and delicious. It really feels like a treat which is perfect to sort out any case of the January blues!!