For absolutely ages now, I have been wanting to join in the Slow Cooker Sunday linky hosted by Mediocre Mum. I have finally been given the opportunity this weekend as it is Thomas’ 1st Birthday tomorrow and we hosted a large family party for him yesterday.
As the weather has turned noticeably colder over the last week, I wanted a dish that would warm people up and that was very easy to make. I decided to make chilli to go along with the roast pork and roast glazed ham sandwiches I was doing as well. Here is my recipe. As I was making it for so many people I didn’t want to make it to hot.
Ingredients (feeds a crowd!)
- 1.7kg of steak mince
- 4 onions, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 packets Schwartz Chilli Con Carne seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcester Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker, give them a stir and leave on low for at least 12 hours
2) Remove the fat off the top. I used a ladle and a sieve to get onions back and put them back once I had removed the fat.
3) Eat in a big bowl with garlic bread and rice