Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a good time whatever you were doing. About this time last year, I spoke to you about my foodie New Year’s Resolutions for 2010. Well, I thought I would do the same again this year but before we look ahead to 2011’s New Year resolutions, I thought we could back at last years and see whether or not, I achieved them.
Last years New Year’s Resolutions were:
- Try and post on the blog more often (at least once a week) > This was generally achieved most of the time but not all. Will be worked on again in 2011
- To get more people doing guest posts and guest post on other people’s blogs > I got lots of people doing guest posts on my blog, including Linda, Charlene, Louise, Helen, Gary and Nora but I only did one guest post myself on Nora’s blog. Will be worked on again in 2011
- To be more adventurous in my baking and make more bread > I joined the Fresh From The Oven challenge and was quite active for a few months in 2010, so this was partly achieved. However, I think I can do better and will work on it in 2011
- To arrange meeting(s) with Midlands Food bloggers on UKFBA. < There were two meetings of the Midlands Food Bloggers in 2010 and I am hoping in 2011, there will be more, especially if I get help from fellow bloggers to organise them
- Meet other foodie bloggers from the UK and hopefully, beyond < I met many UK food bloggers in 2010 including Kavey, Meemalee, Bron, Pippa, Helen and Edd. I hope in 2011 to meet more especially some from outside of the UK
- Go to my first Michelin starred restaurant < I achieved this when I went to Simon Radley at the Chester Grosvenor
- Make cupcakes < I achieved this by going to two cupcake making/decorating classes at Kiss Me Cupcakes and Cirencester Cupcakes. I now make cupcakes on a regular basis
- Make more use of the lots of cookbooks that I already own < I did not really achieve this. I brought even more cookbooks! I must stop buying and start using the ones I have already got
- Expand my cooking repertoire < I achieved this objective as I made paella for the first time and a variety of breads including Kringel and Croissants
- Get better at food photography < This was not achieved and will be worked on in 2011
Overall, I did fairly well on my 2010 resaolutions but think I could do better on some of them. So here are my New Year’s resolutions for this year:
- Post on my blog at least once a week
- Get fellow bloggers to get post on my blog and do some guest posts for people in return
- To create a regular series of events for the Midlands Food Bloggers (with help of fellow Midlands based bloggers)
- To set up a blog for the Midlands Food Bloggers with a list of members, people/companies who support us and get people to regularly contribute
- Make more use of the lots of cookbooks that I already own
- Expand my cooking repertoire – I now know how to make pasta so want to start making it regularly and cook more seafood dishes
- Get better at food photography – my Dad is making me a food stage with a white background so that I have something to put my dishes on to take a photo of them. Stuart and I have just purchased a second-hand Canon EOS 400D Digital SLR Camera, so with practice I am hoping that the images on the blog will improve.
- Meet Sarah and her goats at Brockhall Farm
- Go to The Wild Garlic Restaurant in Dorset
- Take part in more blogging challenges especially Fresh From The Oven and Forever Nigella
These are my foodie New Year’s Resolutions for 2011, what are yours? Can you help me with any of mine?