I love simple dinners that you can without thinking after hard day at work, that do not take to long to prepare as it means you do not have too wait long for your glass of wine! This is one of new favourite simple dinners and it is steak and home-made potato wedges. Stuart loves this too. It is so simple to prepare, its hardly a recipe. The potato wedges were inspired by Ina Garten from one of her Barefoot Contessa programmes.
Steak and Wedges
- Steak of your choice – I used Sirloin
- 1 large potato per person, cut into 6 or 8 wedges
- Olive Oil
- Rosemary (dried or fresh, whatever you have, chopped finely)
- Garlic (as much as you like, chopped finely)
- Salt and pepper
- Salad and dressing of your choice to serve
- Mayo/Garlic Mayo for dipping wedges in if you like
- Put the potatoes in a bowl, add some olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and allow to marinate for up to an hour. Bake them on a roasting dish for 30-40 minutes at 180°c, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat up a griddle pan until smoking hot. Season one side of the steak with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Put onto griddle pan and do the same with the other side. Cook until reached desired level of doneness (not sure what the word is LOL!) and set aside to rest.
- Prepare your salad and dressing and serve it with the steak and wedges. Add garlic mayo and serve. Eat and enjoy with a glass of red wine.
Short post today. I will be back soon with a Masterchef related competition so stay tuned!